"How To Excel" Mini-Tutorials|
"Helping Average Spreadsheet Users Become Local Spreadsheet Experts"
How To Display A User Input Message
If you create workbooks for other Excel users you may want ensure that they enter the correct information in the right cells. You can easily accomplish this by providing them with Input messages so that when they select a cell, a message will pop up telling them what is required.
To create an Input Message...
Now, whenever a user clicks in one of those cells your message will pop up with your instructions.
- Select the cells that the Input Message will apply to.
- From the menu select Data, Validation, and then click the Input Message tab.
- make sure the 'Show input message when cell is selected' option is checked.
- (Optional) Type a title for your message.
- Enter your message. Press ENTER to start a new line in your message (max. 255 characters)
- Click OK.
NOTE: We will cover other great uses for Data validation in future Excel tips. Stay tuned.
Why not print (CTRL+P) this tip and share it with your friends and associates?
Get more time-saving tips just like this one delivered to you by email every week in my FREE newsletter "Spreadsheet Tips From An Excel Addict". Subscribe at the www.TheExcelAddict.com/Newsletter.htm.
You'll be amazed how much time you'll save just by learning a few of these tips.|
Copyright © 2003 All Rights Reserved by Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)