"How To Excel" Mini-Tutorials|
"Helping Average Spreadsheet Users Become Local Spreadsheet Experts"
How To Create Vertical Titles For Your Reports
Did you know that you can create vertical titles in Excel that span multiple rows? For example, you may have a table and you want a vertical title to go down the left side.
- Enter your title in the top cell of the range your title will span (i.e. B5).
- Select the cells you want your title to span (i.e. B5:B15).
- From the Format menu select Cells and then click on the Alignment tab.
- On the right side of the dialog box enter 90 in the Degrees box.
- From the Horizontal: dropdown select Center.
- From the Vertical: dropdown select Center.
- Select Merge Cells and click OK.
Why not print (CTRL+P) this tip and share it with your friends and associates?
Get more time-saving tips just like this one delivered to you by email every week in my FREE newsletter "Spreadsheet Tips From An Excel Addict". Subscribe at the www.TheExcelAddict.com/Newsletter.htm.
You'll be amazed how much time you'll save just by learning a few of these tips.|
Copyright © 2003 All Rights Reserved by Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)